Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lesson learned by Connor...




We have been so blessed in life and this year I wanted to show Connor how good it feels to give to others.  This is not the easiest of concepts for a three year old.  I started talking to him about my idea three weeks ago.  My idea was giving toys to boys and girls that are in the hospital.  The first response was shear horror that I was going to pack up all of HIS toys and take them away.  After the tears stopped I explained that we would go to the store and buy new toys.  He needs to realize that there are lots of kids that don’t have what he does.  A local radio station does a major toy drive for Rady Children’s Hospital.  A host  stays in a crane above Ikea until they have 102,000 toys.  Wow!!  So after many long talks the last few weeks he decided that the kids needed Monster Trucks.  Monster Jam is Connors most favorite thing.  So off we went to Target today and bought some Monster Trucks for the kids at Children’s Hospital.  He also decided that Alexis should give them something as well so we bought some dolls from her.  Connor and I drove home and picked up Alexis and Brian and off we went.  Connor was very brave walking up and handing over the box of trucks.  When we had to leave he was a little sad leaving the trucks behind but he held his own.  NO TEARS or TANTRUMS!!  What a big day for him.  He was wonderful.  If you live in San Diego this is a great thing to donate to.  This is the only toy drive that collects toys for the kids at Rady.  We unfortunately spent time at Children’s this past year with Alexis and they were amazing with everything!!