Sunday, August 7, 2011

Like Father, Like Son







I got a look into what my husband was like about 30 years ago.  So we just spent last weekend in Palm Springs and had a blast.  It was our family getaway, which we all love to do.  Connor calls the house  that we stay at his “new” house and LOVES when we are there.   So, we pull into the house at 6pm Thursday night and it is 113 degrees.  Connor has packed his Lighting McQueen fishing pull and ready to go fishing.  We feed Lexi and him while we unpacked and got the house ready and then Brian and I sat down to eat a quick dinner.  The entire time Connor is telling us about the huge fish he is going to catch and every 30 seconds he asks if we are ready to go.   “Are you ready to go fishing??  Can we go now??”  The excitement was palpable.  So off we went.  Well, he went running down to the pond, night crawlers in hand.  I could totally see Brian doing the same thing with his Grandfather 30 years ago.  Like Father, Like Son.